Mercedes-Benz unveiled the EQE back in September, but new spy photos confirm that the Mercedes-AMG EQE is already in the works. Earlier patent applications at the Office of the European Union for Intellectual Property also give an idea of the features we can expect from the range.
Information about the EQE is currently scarce, however Motor1 claims that the espionage footage here shows the prototype of the car. We have strong reason to believe the source is correct.
Here are the things that support our suspicions that the car is actually the AMG EQE:
- Mercedes has already presented EQA, EQB, EQC and EQS. What remains to be seen is the EQE.
- A closer look will show that the spied car bears a certain resemblance to the profile of the EQS. The only obvious difference between the two here is the prototype’s shorter front overhang and its sedan-like trunk compared to the EQS’s liftback styling.
- The closed front grille is definitely an indication that this comes from the EQ line.
- The chunky high-performance wheels come from AMG Automobiles.
- The brake discs and calipers are also standard on powerful Mercedes models.
- Patent documents show that the brand with the three-pointed star has protected the names EQE 43, EQE 53 and EQE 63.
The car here is possibly the entry-level model AMG EQE 43 due to its subtle visual enhancements. But on the other hand, we have not yet seen the basic ECE, so there is currently no point of comparison in this area. This is just a big guess right now.
We’ll surely update this story as soon as we dig out more details about the Mercedes-AMG EQE from our insiders and auto journalists.